Europa-List: Re: Motorglider wings

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Motorglider wings
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 14:50:19

Hi Ian
"Mine is a mono with retro fit MG wings but not aware of foul you
describe."
The flap push-rod will not work with post mod 78 spars on a XS Mono.
I never looked close at a Classic Mono, but off the cuff think problem will be
the same as XS.
You can't modify the push-rod to clear post Mod 78 spar, air-brake cable and
pitch
cross tube in both gear down and gear up positions.
Install an electric flap motor, you could have flaps chase gear electrically.
Install a push-pull cable which was my choice.
Of course you can choose to not fly with short wings and remove flap push-rod.
Ron Parigoris

Read this topic online here: