Europa-List: Re: MOD 78

Subject: Europa-List: Re: MOD 78
From: djaflyact <djaflyact@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 20:35:38

Thanks Nev! I am copying your notes and taking them to the hangar. I am getting
a bit lost in the terms "tows". "rovings". I'm a bit confused about the packing
of the carbon fibre in the mold. Does it wedge into the narrow end and stop,
or does it loop and come back out? I am guessing it wedges in, but I am not
sure what the significance of the 17 foot length is. It would be great if Europa
had a video of the installation of the carbon into the mold.

I am committed to the project now. I've been thinking for month about how hard
it would be to remove the bushings from the spar tang. It went very well with
heat and it looks like I will be actually grinding tomorrow or the next day on
the first victim. I bought a 6 inch pneumatic grinder and hope that will work,
but I might be able to fit a 4 inch head on it if necessary.

I did a test fit of the intensifier board and it looks like I have plenty of
clearance
---From the tank and the items below.

Is it necessary to remove the fibre glass layers from the root rib, or could I
sand and glass over them - making it thicker and heavier, but avoids grinding
at the root rib - along with the  glass used to secure the wing root fairing.

Thanks!   Dave

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/img_2502_104.jpg