Europa-List: Re: MOD 78

Subject: Europa-List: Re: MOD 78
From: djaflyact <djaflyact@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 19:13:58

OK - Just as I was starting to feel like this mod was going to go OK.....  If I
have to remove the controls and the tufnol block, then there is the issue of
the fiberglass that is used to mount the wing root fairing. I assume that I have
to just grind through all that too? The grinding of fiberglass is easier than
carbon, so maybe it won't be too bad. I will not take all of the root rib glass
off, fearing grinding into the root rib, which would not be good.

I still think that splicing into the existing fiberglass on the spar to root rib
junction would work fine, but you are right - it has not been tested.

I've finished the grinding, but now have more. I do have one question: The
Ampreg
21 says best to use between 18 and 25 degrees C. What is the real world on
this? RIght now, the weather is perfect as far as temperature and wind, but in
the not too distant future, the temperature will drop to where we will not see
above 15C for quite some time. Having to do more grinding pushed me into the
colder weather. I have a large hangar, which is very difficult to heat.

Thanks for all the inputs.

Dave

Read this topic online here: