Re: Europa-List: europa-List: Re: Factory upholstery kit

Subject: Re: Europa-List: europa-List: Re: Factory upholstery kit
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 11:05:40
Fred=0Alooking brilliant! Make sure you don't make my mistake and finish it
 when you're =0Atoo old (and unrich) to fly it!=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A____
____________________________=0A From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Tuesday, 17 September 2013, 5:13
=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: europa-List: Re: Factory upholstery kit=0A =0A
=0A=0A=0A=0AOn Sep 16, 2013, at 7:41 PM, Jeremy Fisher wrote:=0A=0AI had us
ed Temperfoam with all 3 grades of hardness for the seat cushions, and I ha
d repositioned the upper seatbelt attachment points to the upper fuselage j
ust behind the canopy. -The original seatbelt point is below the pilot's
shoulder level and well back, so that there is always some slack left, and
it will increase the likelihood of spinal injury.=0A=0AJeremy...as you're n
o doubt aware, the standard shoulder belt on the Europa is at or below shou
lder height and is apt to contribute to spinal compression in a hard landin
g. I've raised mine w/ a hinged riser as shown in the attached photos...I'v
e stress-tested them to 15 Gs w/ no collapse or deformation...the hinge all
ows for the normal "sitting on the raised seat back" method for entering an
d exiting a XS mono...no change in shoulder belt attach point.=0A=0AThe las
t photo shows my layers of blue and green Temperfoam, augmented w/ regular
upholstery foam wedges...note the ends of the lumbar support visable at the
 seat back...backs are propped in place w/ blocks of pink styrofoam.=0A=0AF
red