Europa-List: Impact absorbing foam and reed switches

Subject: Europa-List: Impact absorbing foam and reed switches
From: alan.twigg775@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 09:36:49

The online shop for the British Gliding Association sells seat sized pieces of
both densities of foam. The BGA strongly recommend impact absorbing foam, which
to my knowledge has saved many backs. BGA site is www.gliding.co.uk
On reed switches, I had a wiring system designed for Tim Houlahan by Robin
Morton.
This employs micro switches but I scratched my head raw trying to get the
down latch to strike a switch. My other requirement was to hide the switches in
the tunnel. The solution that worked has a reed switch supported in paxolene
shaped within the tunnel, with several disc magnets within a hole at the lower
most point the latch falls.
Having really struggled to repair a broken cable, I have built the whole set of
switches onto a module that mounts on the screws used to mount the aluminium
undercarriage gate. Since I have Motorglider wings this is enlarged to
accommodate
the airbrake lever.
I will try to attach photos when I work out how.
Alan Twigg
(Twiggy)
Motorglider kit 463.
Wings ready to fill
Panel built engine and prop (Airmaster) on.
Fuselage just about ready to paint.
Completion possibly before Motorglider approved in UK.
Sent from my iPhone