Europa-List: europa-List: Re: Factory upholstery kit

Subject: Europa-List: europa-List: Re: Factory upholstery kit
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 05:02:36

We chose Oregon Aero for our seat cushions.  They have years of experience
engineering
seats that are comfortable and provide safety in the event of hard landing
/ crash.  They now have a pattern for the Europa XS, with cut outs for the
spar pins.  They sent us the cushions to try before upholstering.  They can
do upholstery or you can have a local person do it.  They also sold us
lightweight,
aircraft quality (fire resistant) carpet which we cut & finished for our
interior.

We actually had 3 sets made - one for each seat plus a "booster" that can be
used
in pilot or co-pilot side (since Heather couldn't reach pedals / see out to
land with normal seats).  It works well for taking Young Eagles also.

Seats are very comfortable.  When it is cold out, they initially feel hard, but
within minutes you don't even notice the seat.  Most of our flights are 2-3
hours,
and it can be very cold in Michigan & at altitude.  We've flown from Michigan
to Colorado and Arizona (6-7 hours in a day).  Absolutely no back pain or
discomfort in flight and after arriving.

People complain that they are expensive, but between comfort & knowing that they
will protect in the event of hard landing, we think they are the best way to
go for seats.

Jim & Heather Butcher
N241BW
485 hrs