Re: Europa-List: Refilling a Europa by hand

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Refilling a Europa by hand
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 10:25:05
Brian=0AI had a similar thought but had no evidence. =0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A
=0A________________________________=0A From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@cla
ra.co.uk>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Thursday, 5 September 20
13, 9:55=0ASubject: RE: Europa-List: Refilling a Europa by hand=0A =0A=0A
=0A". I don't bother with the funnel when I am filling from an =0A> airport
 pump."=0A-=0ADavid, you might be interested in the following news item;-
=0A-=0AContaminated fuel caused Cathay A330 incident=0ABy:---MAVIS
TOH-SINGAPORE=0A3 hours ago-=0A* Print=0AFuel contamination has been
 confirmed as the cause of a double engine malfunction on a-Cathay Pacifi
c-Airbus A330-300 on approach to-Hong Kong International-airport (HKI
A) in 2010.=0AIn a final report released on 4 September, Hong Kong's Civil
Aviation Department (CAD) says that 24.4t of contaminated fuel was uplifed
into the aircraft at Surabaya's Juanda International airport. This caused "
stiction" - static friction - in the fuel metering unit of both engines, le
ading to the total seizure of these components and the loss of thrust contr
ols of the aircraft during approach to HKIA.=0AIt found that though the air
craft was uplifed with the proper grade of fuel, it was contaminated with s
uper absorbent polymer (SAP) spheres. During the flight, some-SAP-spher
es were trapped in the fuel metering unit on both engines, causing stiction
 in the unit that resulted in engine pressure ratio fluctuations.=0A-=0A
-=0AMoral- don't trust airport fuel pumps.- I still use my Mr Funnel ev
en when I uplift from aviation pumps.=0A-=0ARegards=0A-=0ABrian=0A-
=0AFrom:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com [mailto:owner-europa-list-se
rver@matronics.com] On Behalf Of roddyeuropa@aol.com=0ASent: 05 September 2
013 09:39=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Refil
ling a Europa by hand=0A-=0AI have used a polarn oump for a number of yea
rs. The pump attaches to the top of a jerry can and you use a hand air pump
 to pressurize the jerry can. Integral tube goes through jerry can fitting
---From base of can to europa filler. Takes quite a lot of pumping to get the
fuel transferred - probably 1 - 2 mins per 20l can.See here:- =0Ahttp://w
ww.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/fuel-containers-funnels/demon-tweeks-polar
n-pump=0ANeeds an extension to reach the filler from jerry can on the groun
d.-=0ARoddy Kesterton=0AG-IKRK=0A-=0A-----Original Message-----=0AFrom:
 Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>=0ATo: europa-list <europa-list@matr
onics.com>=0ASent: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:10=0ASubject: Europa-List: Refilling
rteresq@onetel.net>=0A-=0AHi All.=0AMy plan is LAA cleared for use with M
OGAS.=0AI fill it with a 28 litre plastic cann, lifting this weight of fuel
 to above my =0Ashoulders to fill the plan is hard work.=0AI know Trans Air
 do a filler nozzle hand pump, I presume this take a lot of time =0Asqueezi
ng the trigger to re fill.??=0AHas anyone used or details off , an electric
 inline pump that can be plugged =0Ainto the aircrafts AUX power socket, I
have not seen any on the market, so is it =0Amake your own,??=0ARegards.=0A
Alan=0A-=0A-=0A-=0A-=0ARead this topic online here:=0A-=0Ahttp://
forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=408005#408005=0A-=0A-=0A-=0A
-=0A-=0A-=0A-=0Aarget="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator
?Europa-List=0Atp://forums.matronics.com=0A_blank">http://www.matronics.com
/contribution=0A-=0A-=0A-=0A-=0A-=0Ahttp://www.matronics.com/Navi
gator?Europa-List=0A< ------------ MATRONICS WEB FORU