Re: Europa-List: Refilling a Europa by hand

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Refilling a Europa by hand
From: Trevpond <trevpond@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 20:53:40

Hi Richard

I have the same pump, runs on 2 A type batteries - Brilliant!  Used mine for
years.

Regards

Trev G:-LINN

Sent from my iPad

On 4 Sep 2013, at 16:21, Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com> wrote:

> Hi Alan.
>
> I lift my can onto a non slip pad the wing then use a battery operated fuel
> pump
to transfer it to the tank. Search for battery operated fuel pump on Amazon
or Ebay. They are a bit flimsy and not terribly fast but they work OK and you
can buy one for about 15. I am on my second one in 8 years. They take a couple
of D cells and the batteries last at least a full season with me.

> Richard Iddon.  G-RIXS
>
> On 4 Sep 2013, at 15:48, Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net> wrote:
>

>> Hi All.
>> My plan is LAA cleared for use with MOGAS.
>> I fill it with a 28 litre plastic cann, lifting this weight of fuel to above
my shoulders to fill the plan is hard work.
>> I know Trans Air do a filler nozzle hand pump, I presume this take a lot of
time squeezing the trigger to re fill.??
>> Has anyone used or details off , an electric inline pump that can be plugged
into the aircrafts AUX power socket, I have not seen any on the market, so is
it make your own,??