Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp or Airmaster Prop

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp or Airmaster Prop
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 13:20:50

Hi Bud,
I really think the solutions to overheating on the ground are either more
airflow
---From the prop or a complete rework of the cooling system. The first one means
better blades. The second one means a bigger and/or more effective radiator
and a completely redesigned cowl. I have made only limited mods to my cowl which
produced some positive results and I am not prepared to make a completely
new cowl as I do not like when the plane is grounded for months and I cannot
fly!
I am not ready either to spend the money to replace my prop, unless I manage
to break it one day. So I have to live with this issue and be careful not to
boil over.
Thanks for your comments.
Remi

Read this topic online here: