Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp or Airmaster Prop

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp or Airmaster Prop
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 15:43:48
Remi,
I am distressed that you are still having cooling issues.  If you did
all I described in the cooling 101 article printed in the Europa Flyer,
it should cool handily.

I can operate for 25 minutes on the ground and not hit 275F on a 90F
day.  The XS cowl is not optimal, but the root width is the same with my
332 as yours.
The mono exit from your engine compartment is probably only an inch
wide, but if your ducting is sealed you should be able to cool very well
in Europe.

I gave Martin my ideas for a root extension for the ferrule on the WD
blade, as I just don't have time to make one up.  It basically is an
extension to the blade and a riveted airfoil shape to the spinner
similar to the new blades on the C130J and other turboprop engine/prop
combinations.  That will help a breeze close in to the cowl, but is
intended for cruise performance increase.

Check your ducting carefully.  If you did not see my changes for the XS
cowl, refer to my website or Airmaster's website (Europa Application)
for download.

Bud Yerly
www.customflightcreations.com<http://www.customflightcreations.com/>