Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp or Airmaster Prop

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp or Airmaster Prop
From: Jeremy Fisher <jffisher@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:05:33
Thanks.  However the Whirlwind story is confusing.  Effectively there
are now two Whirlwind companies, the original for fixed pitch props and
a spin-off for constant speed.  I think that Martin at Airmaster was
referring to the blades from the hydraulic constant speed outfit.  The
fixed pitch company also has new carbon fiber blades, but I think that
they are 70", which is a bit much.  I will follow up.  And yes Nigel,
thanks, you are right, I do need to check the inertia data.

This has turned out to be a much more complex question than I originally
understood, but it does make quite a difference in aircraft performance
and reliability.

Jerry

<grahamsingleton@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Good advice Nigel
> Graham

moment of inertia of the combined prop and VP unit if you are seriously
considering fitting a larger diameter Prop.