Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp or Airmaster Prop

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp or Airmaster Prop
From: nigel_graham@m-tecque.co.uk <nigelgraham@mtecque.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 09:24:29
It has been pointed out to me by a good but irritatingly pedantic
friend, with time to spare and use of a computer (he'll be at work then)
that the Imperial number I quoted was missing a digit.

For those of you about to rush off this morning and fork out an obscene
amount of money for a new prop, without having first checked the
numbers, please be advised that the correct Moment Of Inertia should
have read *142,328 lb ft2*

**

With humility

Nigel ;-)

On 11/06/2013 17:41, Sir Peregrine Hardly-Worthit wrote:

> Not being picky, but that might be 142,328 lb ft^2 J
>
> http://www.translatorscafe.com/cafe/EN/units-converter/moment-of-inertia/1-9/
>
> Sir Peregrine Hardly-Worthit
>
> Vice-Chairman, Pedantic Society

the time off hard runways, and cannot see that a 68" diameter prop would be
impractical
even allowing for flat nosewheel tires (tyres?  ..................