Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp or Airmaster Prop

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp or Airmaster Prop
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 09:45:54

On 06/11/2013 11:12 AM, GRAHAM SINGLETON wrote:
> It would be worth researching exhaust extraction. I have it on my
> Lycoming (pusher Long EZ) and it works
> Warm day, full throttle on the ground for 10 minutes, throttle back and
> it cools down from near red line..

I implemented exhaust extraction also in my Europa. No venturi, just the
exhaust tube shorter than the tunnel it is fed through. I could however
never establish that it is really working as designed. Fact is that I'm
unable to overheat the engine on the ground, but that can also be the
result of the completely different low drag cooling arrangement. Or the
Woodcomp propeller of course.

Frans