Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp or Airmaster Prop

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp or Airmaster Prop
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 13:42:28
Frans=0Athis is the USA Long EZ that was my mentor. He is based in Florida
and has no cooling problems.Note the small cooling air inlets.=0AThe third
inlet is the engine breathing to the fuel injector servo.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A
=0A________________________________=0A From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepi
lots.nl>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Wednesday, 12 June 2013,
8:45=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp or Airmaster Prop=0A =0A=0A--
=0AOn 06/11/2013 11:12 AM, GRAHAM SINGLETON wrote:=0A> It would be worth re
searching exhaust extraction. I have it on my=0A> Lycoming (pusher Long EZ)
 and it works=0A> Warm day, full throttle on the ground for 10 minutes, thr
ottle back and=0A> it cools down from near red line..=0A=0AI implemented ex
haust extraction also in my Europa. No venturi, just the=0Aexhaust tube sho
rter than the tunnel it is fed through. I could however=0Anever establish t
hat it is really working as designed. Fact is that I'm=0Aunable to overheat
 the engine on the ground, but that can also be the=0Aresult of the complet
ely different low drag cooling arrangement. Or the=0AWoodcomp propeller of
=