Re: Europa-List: Flying and reading glasses?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying and reading glasses?
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 00:44:04

Rob Housman wrote:

> because the FAA apparently does not understand that at any distance
> further than about arm's length, two eyes are not needed for
> perfectly normal depth perception (ask your eye doc).

I beg to differ. Have tried it a couple of times, driving a car with one
eye closed. It feels really unsafe, I will loose *all* depth perception.
Can't drive a car with that, let alone flying an airplane. Yet of course
there are plenty of people able to do it, but a key factor seems to be
whether they have grown up with mono-vision or not.

Apart from this, if this method works, it certainly has some good points
as you mention.

Frans