Re: Europa-List: Flying and reading glasses?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying and reading glasses?
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 13:18:28

On Oct 23, 2009, at 12:11 PM, Frans Veldman wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean. I don't need the sunglasses for the map
> reading part, but for the distance viewing part, which isn't there if I
> use over the counter half a lens reading glasses. Or do you mean that I
> should glue the sun glas part on the upper edge of the reading glasses?
> That could be a fragile construction but nevertheless work, but might
> not be what you mean.

What I meant was on some days I don't need sun glasses but I always
need my glasses with the bifocal in them. In your case your eyes are
fine but you need reading glasses. So get the thin bifocal glasses. You
know the kind that are like a half glass and you look out over them for
the far vision. Then buy the the sunglasses that fit over regular
glasses like I use. You can buy them with the lower portion clear. So
you look down and you see thru your reading glasses you look up and you
see thru the sunglasses only. My humor attempt was that all the older
retired people wear these. They're the big ugly sunglasses that fit
over regular glasses, but I figure who can see me at 10K feet?
Truthfully I wear mine while I drive as well. My wife hates them so she
reminds me that I'm turning into one of those retirees. ;o(  Now if I
could just retire. :o)
Sorry for the hard to understand text.
Jeff R.
A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush