Re: Europa-List: Flying and reading glasses?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying and reading glasses?
From: Neil France <nfrance@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:50:40

Frans,

I have just gone down this same route, after struggling for the last two
years.
I have bought two pairs of varifocals, one clear, and one tinted for sunny
flying.
The bottom portion is equivalent to  a very weak pair of reading glasses,
and the top is pretty much clear, there is a gradual change from one to the
other.
It was the best decision I have ever made, I wish I'd done it sooner, no
more struggling to read  frequencies on the map, or the instrument panel,
but a quick glance up out of the window is still in perfect focus.

Neil France.