Re: Europa-List: Flying and reading glasses?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying and reading glasses?
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 01:20:40

Rob Housman wrote:
>   I learned to fly (before the FAA changed the rules) with mono-vision so I
> know
it does not affect depth perception as required for landing (or anything else).
Of course I need a spare lens for the "near" eye (which in my case is does
not require any correction for near vision) when I take my Class 3 Medical
so I can pass the "two eyes for distance and two eyes for near" vision test,
albeit with a pair of "readers" for near vision.

Rob
I have one eye almost useless, can't read with it. I find depthe
perception is a problem between 6" an 10 feet. Not necessary for flying
but usefull for taxi to judge wher the wing tips are.
Graham