Re: Europa-List: Flying and reading glasses?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying and reading glasses?
From: Bill and Sue <billandsue@billbell.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 13:47:48

Frans,

Your experience sounds familiar. Sue and I found cheap bifocal sunglasses  to be
the best flying accessory we ever bought (from about 10 here and not very trendy
to be honest, but I did buy some bifocal safety glasses in clear and tinted
on the internet for much the same price and they looked fine) For us with the
ability to focus close becoming more difficult with age they were the perfect
soloution.
I'm no optician, but an optician friend approved them and reassured me that they
would at least do no harm.
It would seem sensible to have a proper eye check to make sure you don't need
anything
more complicated, but then give the off-the-shelf bifocal sunnies a try
before spending a lot of money on something more exotic.
Hope that helps you as much as it did us!

Cheers

Bill

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org