Re: Europa-List: Had A Bad Day with a Perspex Window

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Had A Bad Day with a Perspex Window
From: Flying Farmer <rpwheelwright@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:35:05

Well, A Bad window day just turned into a
[b:d355cc4bf9]DESASTER!!![/b:d355cc4bf9]

   The Sprung corner of my Port Door window is in the corner where the handle
is,
and the handle touched the Perspex on operating the handle, my thoughts where
to reset the corner back down. I tried all the suggested option to release
the Perspex from the door (Thank You for the suggestions), to allow a cleanup
and to re-set the window. The heating from the hair dryer works well, gently
lifting
the Perspex with a small flat thin paint scraper, Until [b:d355cc4bf9]DESATER!!!
Strikes[/b:d355cc4bf9].  I probably prised the Perspex a little too
hard, and you know what comes next!!! Yes Snap, Crack  HO S**T  you have done
it now.  :oops:  Yes the corner has snap off.

  Ok. Well its broken now. Get over it. So my Question to the list is, an option
of parts required. I have spoke to Roger at the Factory, and advised that the
factory dont supply the brown tint windows ( Bronze) any more, but may be able
to get one to match from there suppler. His first suggestion was to ask on
the forum to see if any one had a Port, Bronze Window? Below is list of my now
options, If any one can help please contact me rpwheelwright@yahoo.co.uk tel.
0044 (0)1422 376056 UK

1 Port Bronze door window
1 Complete Port door from a no longer flying Europa XS.
A Kicking around the workshop for me.

Thank You
Richard Wheelwright

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org