Europa-List: Had A Bad Day with a Perspex Window

Subject: Europa-List: Had A Bad Day with a Perspex Window
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:00:34

Hello Richard,

Sorry to hear about your window.  Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a
quick
fix for the problem you have described.  Because the Perspex has lifted from
the door rebate you will find that the cured Redux is shiny and thus will not
take a bond with new  Redux without prepping it first.  If you are able to sand
the exposed Redux you may be able get a good bond.  However, without seeing
the window I can comment of the viability of this scenario.  If this is not
a possibility, I fear you may have to completely remove the window and remove
the cured Redux., Not too bad of a job with a heat gun.  There have been a few
builders who have replaced windows that can give you better advise on the
process
than I.  Just be really careful.   Regarding the area that has cured Redux
on the Perspex; carefully sanding this down is probably the best solution.
The Perspex does polish up nicely with restoration, however, you will get
localized
distortion which I believe is unavoidable.  I have found that sanding it
up through 1500 grit paper followed by hand polishing works nicely.  Good luck.

Erich Trombley
N28ET Classic Mono 914

Certified Financial
Find Certified Financial Advisors Compare Prices And Save!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=3VDfA7kLPFsyg7bnzvZe1gAAJz1S20ZTAtIc8C9-oX87jWuAAAUAAAAAAAAAAB6naD52odR8q_HAFsqU4XRGHpjgAAAAAA=