Re: Europa-List: Aircraft Covers in U.K.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aircraft Covers in U.K.
From: Paddy Clarke <paddyclarke@lineone.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 20:07:47
Hi Willie,
Good to hear from you. We got back this afternoon from France - a
good trip but needless to say it would have been that much better
with you two there!
I still haven't decided on the material for my covers, I also have a
possibility of using a sort of marquee for the aircraft in the
summer. I will be using an enclosed trailer in the winter. Both these
could well benefit from your dehumidifier.
Hope to see you at a DOTH soon,
All the best, Paddy
On 13 Jul 2009, at 10:34, William Harrison wrote:

> <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>
>
> Paddy
>
> Mine lives in a weird microclimate inside a WWII nissen hut type
> hanger, with an unsealed floor, where it is frequently very humid
> and sometimes rains condensation. The one discovery I'd like to
> share is that I have found that a chemical dehumidifier (intended
> for caravans) has clearly kept the inside much drier than it was
> previously. This can only be a good thing for the instruments and
> electrics. An incidental benefit is that the misting problem I used
> to have in cold weather has largely gone away (I suspect that the
> upholstery had been acting like a reservoir for water which then
> took 30 minutes of flight to dry out, and in the meantime was
> redistributing the moisture onto the windscreen and side windows).
>
> Good luck finding the right cover.
>
> Willie
>

> On 9 Jul 2009, at 20:27, Paddy Clarke wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>> Many thanks to all those who replied.
>> Before deciding on manufacturer I have to decide on which
>> material, due to my use of Polyfibre products.
>> Is there anyone out there who used Polyfibre filler and/or primer
>> and then kept their aircraft outside under covers, who didn't have
>> bubbles appear in the paintwork?. If so, were the covers
>> breathable or not?.
>> Do people who know about Polyfibre think that there are still
>> potential problems in store with a finish completed 8 years ago?
>> Do people think you get condensation under fully waterproof covers?
>> Looking forward to many erudite replies,
>> All the best, paddy
>> On 8 Jul 2009, at 20:30, R Holder wrote:

Paddy Clarke
Europa G-KIMM