Re: Europa-List: Aircraft Covers in U.K.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aircraft Covers in U.K.
From: William Harrison <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:34:29

Paddy

Mine lives in a weird microclimate inside a WWII nissen hut type
hanger, with an unsealed floor, where it is frequently very humid and
sometimes rains condensation. The one discovery I'd like to share is
that I have found that a chemical dehumidifier (intended for
caravans) has clearly kept the inside much drier than it was
previously. This can only be a good thing for the instruments and
electrics. An incidental benefit is that the misting problem I used
to have in cold weather has largely gone away (I suspect that the
upholstery had been acting like a reservoir for water which then took
30 minutes of flight to dry out, and in the meantime was
redistributing the moisture onto the windscreen and side windows).

Good luck finding the right cover.

Willie