Re: Europa-List: Aircraft Covers in U.K.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aircraft Covers in U.K.
From: Paddy Clarke <paddyclarke@lineone.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 20:27:56
Hi Folks,
Many thanks to all those who replied.
Before deciding on manufacturer I have to decide on which material,
due to my use of Polyfibre products.
Is there anyone out there who used Polyfibre filler and/or primer and
then kept their aircraft outside under covers, who didn't have
bubbles appear in the paintwork?. If so, were the covers breathable
or not?.
Do people who know about Polyfibre think that there are still
potential problems in store with a finish completed 8 years ago?
Do people think you get condensation under fully waterproof covers?
Looking forward to many erudite replies,
All the best, paddy
On 8 Jul 2009, at 20:30, R Holder wrote:

> Paddy Clarke wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>> It looks as though I'm going to have to get some winter weight
>> covers for my XS mono.
>> It seems that I have a choice between a fully waterproof felt
>> backed material that isn't breathable, and a breathable canvass
>> that is not so waterproof and deteriorates quicker.
>> The aircraft is 7 years old and was filled and primed with
>> Polyfibre products. To date, I have had absolutely no issues with
>> paint bubbling but I am concerned that keeping it outside in very
>> wet conditions under a non-breathable cover may cause problems.
>> Has anyone had any experience of this - or not as the case may be?
>> Has anyone got any firms to be recommended or to be avoided?
>> What sort of material have others settled on?
>
> Paddy i used Velas in Ongar not a million miles from Stapleford.
>
> The guy is a sail maker but has templates for lots of planes and
> his work is all over.
>
> www.velas.co.uk
>
> I am sure I could pick up and deliver for you if you wanted,
>
> Richard
> G-OWWW

Paddy Clarke
Europa G-KIMM