Europa-List: Aileron setup

Subject: Europa-List: Aileron setup
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 23:58:40

The aileron setup procedure is driving me nuts. The right aileron has way too
much
down movement. If I shorten the link rod (as recommended by the manual), the
down movement gets less, almost correct (now only 0.7 too much), but then the
up movement exceeds the upper limit. The left aileron is working ok. That means:
it does everything a bit less than the right aileron.

1) What could be causing this? I have set up everything according to the manual,
as far as I know. I suspected that the distance between the aileron hinge and
the bolt for the link rod would be incorrect, but after measuring it, it is
correct for both ailerons. I'm puzzeled by this. Is it possible that one of the
factory holes for one of the bell cranks is incorrectly positioned, so that
the lever action for both ailerons isn't equal?

2) How do I solve it? Is this something that I can tune away with one of the
various
link/push/connecting rods?

3) Am I the only one with this problem? I can't find anything in the archives
about
this...

Thanks in advance for any ideas...

Frans