Re: Europa-List: Aileron setup

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aileron setup
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:05:15

Frans Veldman wrote:

> Thanks for all the advice. I will try again, but the desciptions look like
> what
I have been doing so far. The points is, if I start with the QD's vertical,
the link rods adjusted to the upper limit, I somehow end up with about 26
degrees
down travel for the starboard aileron. As soon as I start correcting this
by adjusting the link rod, it messes up all the other parameters, such as upper
aileron limit, neutral setting etc and whatever I try, I can't get it right
anymore.
> The weather doesn't look promising today, so I can't get the airplane outside
to try again.

> BTW, I use the Europa factory sold digital level, and measure compared against
the wing tip, i.e. neutral is the aileron parallel to the wing tip.

> Frans

Frans
you must set the aileron upper limit first with the link rod, go for 24
deg, as Bud said. Then set everything else.
Graham