RE: Europa-List: Monowheel speed kit

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Monowheel speed kit
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:29:27
Hi! Jos
Herewith the picture of a "splash" copy of Peter Kembers Mod for the
cowl inlet ducts which Ivor Phillips kindly produced for me.
The only beef I have at present is the tendency to overheat on a delayed
departure, but many people advise this will ease by about 50 hours on
the clock.
In the short term I'm considering "jacking" the lower cowl fixings off
the fuselage by about 1" as per my previous success with the
Jabiru/Europa Cowl.

All the top cowl gills are closed and I have an insulated  "bread box"
(as described by Neville!) on the P1 footwell for the Regulator unit and
the Turbo Servo unit with some cold air bled off the cooling air duct.
In flight I've never seen the temps within the box to be more than 32
deg C with ambients around 22 deg C  but without the water and oil check
flaps open on shut down the temps in this box do rise to in the region
of 40 deg C.

Due to my incapability with shifting files about I'm sending on further
pictures re. this message under another separate message !

Hopefully this is constructive help in the cooling debate?

Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG