Re: Europa-List: Monowheel speed kit

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel speed kit
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:56:06

Hi I've and all,

Love the flying story!
I've had my happy misunderstandings too: Between Kokkola and Ivalo, my home base
was a large area with very low cloud, impossible to fly through. But over the
top looked quit possible, FL110 as max. reported.
So i left Kokkola and kept climbing, a bit longer on the turbo as usual. It
brought
me through FL95, the top of the TMA in less then 5 minutes, so i reported
area out to Kokkola tower. He told me wrong, i was only 5 NM from the tower,
and his TMA is 30 NM across. I had to explain that i was out on top :-) There
is probably not much GA traffic that climbs out on top. Asked and got permission
for class Charley up to FL125. Cruise at 65 % power 135 knots indicated, 17
L/h, and 150-155 on the GPS. There was no wind. It got me home all right, would
not have been possible with the C172 :-)

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org