Europa-List: Monowheel speed kit

Subject: Europa-List: Monowheel speed kit
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:44:07
Hi Raimo,

I confirm the speed kit supplied by the factory includes eleven
fairings: 2 for the outrigger mechanism, 4 for the flap hinges, 2 for
the flap cross tube pivots, 2 for the outrigger wheels and one for the
tailwheel. I managed to install the outrigger mechanism fairing without
gluing it as I wanted to be able to remove it easily for inspection. The
fairings are just bolted at the specified attach points plus using one
screw from the aileron bellcranck inspection plate. I had to reshape the
fairing flanges using a heat gun to get an acceptable fit.

Remi

My mono is far away and
cannot verify how many
fairings I have. I can remember
four of them /wing and just one
around tail wheel. That means 9 pcs.
Just wonder where are two extra.
Around main wheel? I have not...why?

How did you install the fairing around the
outrigger mechanism? I did as per
instructions + soft glued it to the
down surface of the wing just to keep
it clean and nice. Just wonder how