Europa-List: Re: Dive to Vne

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Dive to Vne
From: Mark Burton <markb@ordern.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:14:13

What is bizarre about the PFA's vne dive requirement is that if the small print
on the the permit renewal form is true, the permit renewal will fail to be
accepted
if you admit to either exceeding vne or failing to reach vne. Not a lot
of margin for error there.  I think that says something about the PFA's
confidence
in our piloting skills and the accuracy of our speedos.

I wonder how many Europa operators know what the position error of their ASI is
at 150+ knots?

Which begs the question, why isn't vne specified as a RAS rather than an IAS
because
the IAS could be way out due to instrument and position errors? I think
this question may have been asked before, sorry for the repeat.

Mark

Read this topic online here: