Europa-List: Monowheel speed kit

Subject: Europa-List: Monowheel speed kit
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:23:43
The installation of my speed kit is now completed and  I made some speed
measurements today.  The results are as follows:

Without the speed kit, June 2006: altitude FL75, OAT 10 degrees C, that
is density altitude 8500 ft, full throttle, 5000 RPM, that is approx 60
percent power, TAS 133 kts.

Same day, same conditions except 4800 RPM, that is approx 55 percent
power, TAS 130 kts.

With the speed kit today: altitude FL75, OAT 11 degrees C, full
throttle, 5000 RPM, TAS 135 kts.

Same conditions except 4800 RPM,  TAS 134 kts.

Conclusion: the speed gain is in the 2 to 4 knots range.

All flights were with full fuel, no passenger. Estimated weight: 520kg.
All 11 speed kit fairings installed. True airspeed was computed using
the GPS 3 segments method.

Best regards

Remi Guerner

F-PGKL, XS S/N395 monowheel,  912S, Airmaster, 526 hours