Re: Europa-List: Monowheel speed kit

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel speed kit
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:49:16

My gills are closed, and while i don't have "before" experience, i can confirm
it is the cowl air exit that is restricting airflow. I have my OAT probe in the
air-inlet box, and it sees warm air, ,where it should only get air from the
NACA vent. I have the Singleton firewall, which probably reduces outlet area
more
then the factory metal one. Temperatures are withing range now, but no real
hot weather experience yet. Have a 914 with a shroud!
The next thing i would like to try is to partially or completely close off the
original air-inlet openings, to reduce the amount of competing air on the
outlet.
Comments please!

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen