Europa-List: Re: Emailing: IMG_0410, IMG_0411

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Emailing: IMG_0410, IMG_0411
From: Mark Burton <markb@ordern.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:41:36

> At FL 125 the prop was maximum coarse ... More throttle to climb a bit more
> resulted
in more revs to my surprise. Maybe that's to be expected?

Well, yes, if the prop is already at maximum coarse, increasing the throttle
will
raise the RPM.

My own SR3000 does run out of coarse pitch in the cruise but that is due to the
coarse limit limit (!) imposed by the PFA. Other regimes may well allow the prop
to go coarser so it won't run out of pitch. A possible issue here is that
I only have the baby motor (80hp) so the +ve ROC test in fully coarse is always
going to be a bit of a struggle.

Apart from that annoyance, I find the SR3000 splendid. It's very smooth (in more
ways than one), has fantastic leading edge protection and the carbon finish
looks stunning.

Mark

Read this topic online here: