Re: Europa-List: StructuraL failure or?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: StructuraL failure or?
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:45:06

Hi Bob,

Yes, i noticed the enormous effect of the trim-tabs.
Trim to the limits at cruise was one of the items in the test program for my
plane.
And, exactly as in your experience, the forces, especially for the nose-up
situation, were so much, that i was afraid something would break.

The experience changed my opinion about the danger of the your out-of-control
trim
motor story, which i clearly remember.
I have now a clear marking next to the pullable circuit breaker for the trim
system,
on the panel and in my mind, should this ever happen.

Now i am writing this, i realize that the other action would be to slow down the
plane, it would probably lower the stick forces to a manageable level as well.
To be checked!

Still waiting for opinions on the one not-connected trim-tab leading to
destruction
scenario though!

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org