Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 performance info request....

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 performance info request....
From: Mike Parkin <mikenjulie.parkin@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:52:30
Hello Bob,

Very pleased to see you are slowly being bitten by the Rotax Bug.  My
oil pressure is usually around 2.4 Bar in the cruise but the oil and
water temperatures settle back to more like 70 degs C - a bit too cold.
A climb speed of 80kts is about Vx for G-JULZ  Vy being not more than a
couple of knots higher.  But practically, if I am going somewhere I tend
to climb on track about 100kts it gives a decent rate of climb, it helps
with the cooling on a summers day and it enables better lookout ahead.
Now you have got rid of that other 'lump' I think that you will quickly
realise the added performance you now have.
I still think you need to open up the cowling gills though.

fly safe,

Mike