Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 performance info request....

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 performance info request....
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:45:54

Simon Smith a crit :
> In Rotax SI-914-019 there are two tables listing recommended oils.
> Read the notes under the table and you will see that some are
> recommended while others are highly recommended None of them are
> 10W-40. If you ask all the UK 91x owners I suspect that you will find
> most are using Shell VSX4 10W40
> * *

Bob, Simon and all,

Just had our French dealer on the phone.
He confirms that 2 bar is lowish but well within the operating limits,
and doesn't see any reasons for concern or mod.
Concerning oils, he says the Mobil 1 oils listed in SI-914-019 are OK :
Mobil 1 SAE 5W-30
Mobil 1 SAE 15W-50
Mobil 1 MX4T 10W-40
Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50

All are for unleaded fuel only, the last two are "highly recommended".
FWIW.

Concerning best climb speed, it is a matter of minutes to perform
several timed climbs at different speeds, keeping the same power setting.
BTW, can you elaborate about your "intake manifold locally insulated
surface temps" measurements ? What is the purpose of these measurements
? Ice prevention ?

Best regards,
--
Gilles