Re: Europa-List: StructuraL failure or?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: StructuraL failure or?
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:40:27

Hi Keith,
Thanks for making clear that it is not so obvious. :-) Let me try again, in as
much detail as i can think of.
While rigging the tail planes, it is possible to have one anti-trim-tab drive
pin
on top of the TS05 t-bar instead of in. Once that is done, it will be difficult
to see the difference. Gravity will keep the pin on top, there is no room
for the pin to fall past the t-bar. The pitch control system will work, the trim
tabs will move up and down just like in the proper rigging situ.
Now we go flying. Everything will seem fine. Then, some turbulence or input
force
on the pitch trim system forces the trim tab drive pin past, down of the t-bar.
The trim tab will now be pointing downwards of the original position. Remember,
these are anti-trim tabs, so not only the trim will way off, but also the
feed-back is wrong, opposite of what the pilot would expect. That's what i
mean be reverse effect. So the nose is going down, and the force on the stick
is up! As we know, the all moving tail pitch control is very powerful. Imagine
you are happy flying along, maybe with a little bit of back pressure on the
stick,
and all of a sudden the stick wants to move backwards, and the plane pitches
sharp UP. The first reaction will be to control the stick, which, because
of the error in the pitch control and the lack of anti forces, will cause
awesome
forces, lots of Gs. The next input will be opposite, and IMHO could start
breaking things apart. The lack of anti-forces, tog
 ether with the trim badly off track will cause a Pilot Induced Oscillation way
beyond what ever could happen with a connected anti-trim-tab.
Well, that's the theory, and folks, please try to put it to rest.

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org