RE: Europa-List: StructuraL failure or?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: StructuraL failure or?
From: glenn crowder <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:13:44

  Also I've noticed that the T rod can be unthreaded by turning it over and
 over enough
times to completely separate it from the drive mechanism if the nut is not
tight.  What if this happened slowly over a period of years and finally cam
e loose on that particular flight?
  The trim position would be affected, but over time it might not be notice
d.

                                                 Glenn > Subject: Europa-Li
st: StructuraL failure or?> From: josok-e@ukolo.fi> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007
sted by: "josok" <josok-e@ukolo.fi>> > Hi All,> As far as i know there is s
till no conclusion from the AAIB about the cause of this one and only struc
tural failure. It keeps buzzing in my mind. It is a fact that there should
be no slop in tail planes, that the bushes should be secure, and that wing
pins should be properly attached. Period.> But was it the cause off the acc
ident? Speed 90 knots, no abnormal movements, then suddenly very steep up a
nd down movements, paper flying from the cabin. All according the AAIB repo
rt. > I received the following suggestion, which i think has not been commu
nicated before: The plane was rigged by three persons. What if one of the a
nti-trim tab drive pins was not in but on the T-rod? Everything would look
pretty much OK, feel pretty much OK, until the pin would pass the T-rod, on
 which the anti tab would become a pro-tab. This would cause a violent move
ment, on which the pilots correction would cause another and so on, until d
estruction. It would explain the described up and down movements eh? Start
shooting please!> > Regards,> > Jos Okhuijsen> > > > > > > Visit - www.Euro
Capture your memories in an online journal!