RE: Europa-List: What's up with the cost of 914?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: What's up with the cost of 914?
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 17:36:31
930 lb for a typical mono ? Well perhaps.

3 years ago I took the weight of 19 completed XS 914T Mono Europa's with CS
props and came up with an average of 865 lbs.  Mine came in at 860 lbs and
with what I know now I believe I could build it 20 lb lighter.

With that all said, your correct,  all the HP you can muster during the take
off phase is highly desirable.

At the risk of sparking a debate, I found the 914 to be a game changer for
the aircrafts performance, but, I state this in the context of my mission
profile.  I typically fly 2 legs of 400 nm in the 8000 ~ 12,000' feet range.
At this altitude I see 148 knots TAS with a fuel burn of 5.1 ~ 5.3 US
gallons per hour.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Paul

N378PJ