RE: Europa-List: What's up with the cost of 914?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: What's up with the cost of 914?
From: glenn crowder <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 08:40:25

   Well, its been a real easy lander for me, and I fly a mono only on hard
runways at high
altitudes.  No ground loops, no "issues".  Weight is identical to most 914
powered monos with
CS props at 930 lbs.  Too much power is just enough!  Two up in the summert
ime the 912S powered LSA's around my field are total dogs at this altitude,
 barely clearing the power lines at the end of the field!

                                               Glenn

From: nwcmc@tiscali.co.ukTo: europa-list@matronics.comSubject: RE: Europa-L
ist: What's up with the cost of 914?Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 08:30:20 +0100

It is worth bearing in mind that the Subaru is at least 50lb heavier than t
he Rotax. This extra weight can be very significant. I know of one Subaru p
owered Europa that is up to max T/O weight when it is full of fuel with two
 adults aboard before any baggage has been loaded. This is also one of the
reasons the Wilksch diesel has not been successful with the Europa (apart f
rom its slow development).

Heavy engines also give C of G problems. To balance the heavier engine, eit
her the battery needs to be mounted right at the back of the fuselage or le
ad added. This adds inertia which does tend to make control of the aircraft
 a little more difficult (particularly relevant for monowheel Europas on ha
rd runways).

Nigel Charles

-----Original Message-----From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com [mai
lto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of glenn crowderSent:
 04 June 2007 23:06To: europa-list@matronics.comSubject: RE: Europa-List: W
hat's up with the cost of 914?

 Can't help but mention the Soob option.  Sure been a winner for me for fiv
e years.  Same or better performance than the 914 with half the price.  I d
id have to adjust the valves once.
      Glenn> Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 13:13:57 -0700> From: asarangan@yahoo.co
m> Subject: Europa-List: What's up with the cost of 914?> To: europa-list@m
an@yahoo.com>> > > The last time I checked (which was admittedly four or fi
ve year ago),> an uncertified 914 was selling for $18k. Now it is up to alm
ost $30k.> With a hydraulic governor, I am looking at close to $35k. What's

Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.   Jo
in Live Search Club!             - The Europa-List Email Forum -   --> http
://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List              - NEW MATRONICS WEB
 FORUMS -   --> http://forums.matronics.com

Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the
New MSN Mobile!
http://mobile.msn.com