Re: Europa-List: Flying a heavy Europa XS?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying a heavy Europa XS?
From: JTHURSBY@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:10:13

I have flown a 914 powered monowheel at 1,525.00 LBS. Takeoff at
Montrose Colorado was over 8,500 density.  I used about a thousand
feet to get airborne and it was climbing around 700 FPM.  If you are
mindfull of the C of G it will handle it fine.  Forward loading with a
trike can be a problem as can aft with either configuration.  Flying
to and from airshows the planes were ALWAYS heavy.

  Jim