Re: Europa-List: Flying a heavy Europa XS?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying a heavy Europa XS?
From: JTHURSBY@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:05:01

Jim, I might add that was Marvin Alvarez's trike and was 914 powered
like yours and the glider/mono.  The other trike was a 912S and always
burned more than the 914 powered birds.  I used to fly to Griffin GA
with all the planes and I could make it nonstop with a mono wheel. I
tried it with Marv's trike once and had to hit reserve 30 miles out
and stopped for fuel. (once is enough of THAT nonsense!) Never used a
lone ranger tank in either bird. As you remember from our great trip
out to Arlington, when flown hard, a Europa is pretty short legged.

  Jim T.