Re: Europa-List: ENGINES!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: ENGINES!
From: Kevin And Ann Klinefelter <kevann@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:31:11

I agree. Its good to hear the pros and cons of the engine choices, even
though I already bought a 914 and am completing the install now.

My home airport is at 4120 feet and summer temps reach 110 F. Lets see,
thats uh, pretty high desity altitude. And I look forward to being able
to cruise up to 18000 and take advantage of higher true airspeeds. Plus
I just like cruising way up there.

With the Jabiru 3300 producing 127 hp at 3300 rpm (correct?) and 3300
rpm being too fast for a given prop (correct?), what is the max rpm and
HP for a 3300 and best prop combo, on a Europa mono-wheel?

Just curious...   Kevin   N211KA, still workin on it...