Re: Europa-List: RE: Question about wing tie-downs (Mod 69)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Question about wing tie-downs (Mod 69)
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:52:33

I have had a couple of replies to my previous question of how to fit  a left
hand throttle. Neither of those received seemed very satisfactory  and I
wonder if there are any other ideas around, or even mods that have  already been

approved.

Has anyone tried a simple Bowden Cable from a left to existing right  hand
throttle - it would have to attach below the pivot point to the  left and above

to the right, thus moving both in unison.? I have seen  a similar arrangement
in a Pulsar, that worked well.

If this could be done, does anyone have any detail of how to fix a  throttle
box and lever on the port side wall? I admit to being a novice at  working in
glass or indeed any composites.

I think that the present basic situation of flying with the left hand  and
using the right for the throttle is unnatural for most people and  would welcome

more ideas to resolve this issue.

Patrick.