Re: Europa-List: RE: Question about wing tie-downs (Mod 69)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Question about wing tie-downs (Mod 69)
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:55:09

Patrick,

Peter Kember  in the UK( kits 1 and 1000) did that throttle conversion on
his kit no. 1 a long time ago and I believe it was well documented in an
article in the Europa Flyer.
Regarding the 912S reliability, why should it fall apart before a 914 ? The
Rotaxquoted MTBO is 1500 hours I believe, and I have every faith in their
develoment engineers having done their calculations correctly. I read
somewhere that they have so far sold close to five million aircraft engines,
they seem to know what they are doing.

Karl