RE: Europa-List: Trailers

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Trailers
From: Dean Wiegand <dwiegand@surewest.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:31:08

I don't think Ralph is working form plans, but is
making the plans as he goes.  I will talk to him and
find out for sure.

Kingsley has sent a picture of his enclosed trailer
which is what I would really like to do but I only have
garage space available on my small in-town
property...the CC&Rs prevent me from keeping a trailer
on the street in front of the house.

Terry Seaver has suggested that I might be able to
borrow an open, mono-wheel trailer from him and Dave.
That gives the opportunity of taking a few hours for
measurements and pictures to share.  I could just as
easily do it at their hanger which is only a 2 hour
drive away since I would have to go there to retrieve
it...providing Terry and Dave have the time.

If Rob Neils is willing to share the plans for his
flat-bed tri-gear trailer, and Kingsley for the
enclosed version...that covers everyone.

I would like to make sure there is a way of taking all
of the protrusions off the top and mounting a sheet of
plywood to use the trailer for other light hauling
duties.  Possibly even adding mounting bosses for a
second axle since the main axle is set quite far back
to compensate for the weight of the engine at the far
back end of the trailer.

Dean Wiegand
Sacramento CA USA
dwiegand@surewest.net