RE: Europa-List: Trailers

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Trailers
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:27:44

Hi! John.
I have a similar but sounds more simple type of wing trolly that you
describe and can rig my A/C on my own and with the aid of an electric winch
stow the fuselage  in the covered trailer between the wings on my own too.
I've looked at the web page you recommended and the principle is the same
but my wing is completely surrounded by a carpet covered clamp which has a
pivot on the underside of the wing and the wheels can be dropped off with a
socket arrangement. The pivoting leg stays with the clamp and is therefore
stowed permanently on the port wing since it is the first to rig and last to
derig.( Only the wheels to stow separately)
If I had my time over, the position of the pivot would be nearer to the c of
g of the wing but it is useable as it is. If you need some dimensions let me
know. The trailer is to be seen on the photoshare pages.
Bob Harrison G-PTAG (Trike)