Re: 2 items - service bulletins on Rotax and

Subject: Re: 2 items - service bulletins on Rotax and
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:10:54
I am not yet flying so can't answer your query, but...

The so-called thermostat does not control coolant temperature (as does the
device
by the same name used in a building's heating and cooling system) but rather
it restricts coolant flow to the radiator when the engine is started from cold
so that the engine will get to operating temperature more quickly.  Once at
the thermostat's set point temperature coolant flow to the radiator is
unrestricted.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070