Re: 2 items - service bulletins on Rotax and

Subject: Re: 2 items - service bulletins on Rotax and
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 18:29:52

>The overflow bottle SB914-025 only affects engine serial #s up to S/N
>4,420.316
>The Service Bulletin for the 912 series is SB-912-039
>Jim Brown

It was the overflow bottle that was the main cause of my problems 3 years
ago. My bottle exploded and filled the cowling with coolant vapour. Not
quite enough to stop the engine unfortunately. I also didn't realize when
we diluted from 75% glycol that 50/50 coolant mix boils at 115 deg C in
free air and 130 deg C at the nominal 1 Atmos. overpressure. Should have
checked, shouldn't I!
Graham