Re: electrical wire spec.

Subject: Re: electrical wire spec.
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 18:04:48

>>> I have also found some TFE insulated wire in various sizes.  Sold in
30m.
reels at around =A38.  Is this suitable or can anyone suggest anywhere
else I
should be looking?

Of preference I'd recommend using standard aviation wire MIL-W-2259/16
which has Tefzel sheath. Aircraft Spruce stock it but you should be able
to source it from an avionics installer. You'll need 22/20AWG
predominantly with 18/14/10AWG used for heavier services and 4AWG for
battery feed. I substituted 16mm welding wire for the 4AWG battery feed.

Tony